101Voice Phones are shipped with EHS enabled by default.
To enable ring detection, navigate to Menu > Features > General > Ring from Headset > Change to either: Enable or Group Ring
- Enable = only rings on headset
- Group Ring = rings on headset and phone
- Set headset base to DHSG and 1 on the bottom of the base
- Take EHS cable and connect small RJ9 jack of the Y-cord into the GREEN phone port in the back of the headset base (second from the right)
- Connect the larger RJ45 jack of the Y-cord into the AUX jack in the back of the headset base
- Take the final end and plug it into the HEADSET JACK on the back of your phone.
If headset is not answering/ending calls after these steps, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request EHS be enabled
You most likely won't need to go into your phone's web portal through portal, but if you do, this is the setting you want to get ring detection in your headset. If you don't have access to this web portal, you can contact your admin or IT team for help.
Note: Color scheme and branding may be different, but the menu options will be the same!
Once you get this done, you should get remote answering!