1) Plug the power cord into the top of the Busy Buddy (or Beacon) box (this is the side that was 3 ports available). The power cord will plug into the wall or there is an option to plug into a computer
2) Plug the lamp into the top of the Busy Buddy (or Beacon) box
3) Remove the headsets connector cord from the handset or headset jack of the telephone. Now plug it into the bottom of the Busy Buddy (or Beacon) box. This is the side that has a tiny 0-9 white dial and there is only 1 phone port available
4) Grab the 18 inch telephone cord that came with the Busy Buddy (or Beacon) and plug it into the top of the box. The other end will go into the handset or headset jack of the telephone (it all depends on what accessories the Customer has and if there is a headset button on the phone)
5) Check the comaptibility switches to make sure they are correct
- For the Busy Buddy the compat switches will be on the right hand side. Please set to 1 & 3
- For the Busy Beacon the compat switches will be on the right hand side. Please set to I & I
6) If you want to be on DND (blue light lit always) set the top of the switch to “1” (this will cause there to be a blue light). If you want the red light to come on when you are on the call set the top of the switch to “0”
** Please note: The Busy Beacon (DISCONTINUED) and BusyBuddy will not work automatically with Computers or Softphone applications! You can use Manual Mode, though!
Time for a new headset?
Many BusyBuddy users have switched to the Leitner LH270!