Officially-- you can’t! It seems that you need a tiny screwdriver that we don’t carry. The battery is not the same as the DW and OfficeRunner headsets. Sennheiser recommends sending it to the manufacturer for replacement.
If you’re having charging issues try the following:
- With the headset on the base, press the S1 button with the tip of an ink pen.
- Let the headset recharge for 1 full hour.
This should power cycle the battery for you without needing to remove it.
To verify battery life
** Make sure headset is in idle mode: No active call or music**
Press and hold the ON/OFF button on the headset itself for 1 second and the voice prompt will say one of the following:
- “More than 80% battery left”
- ”More than 60% battery left”
- “More than 40% battery left”
- “More than 20% battery left”
- “Less than 20% battery left”
- Below the 15-minute talk time, the voice prompt will say “Recharge headset”
Time for a new headset?
Many Sennheiser 5016 Customers have switched to the Leitner LH370!