Basic Troubleshoot Features:
If you’re experiencing an echo with the 9120 or find that people say they are too soft or too loud, then adjusting the microphone volume will usually correct this. To adjust this volume press and hold the “+” and “–“ buttons on the headset for 2 seconds, then immediately after releasing press either “+” or “–“ depending on if you want to increase or decrease the microphone volume. To mute a call, quickly press the “–“ button twice. Repeat these steps to un-mute the headset.
Some common concerns that can occur on the 9120 include:
(1) No sound on the headset.
(2) One party can hear and the other party cannot.
(3) The quality of sound is unsatisfactory.
A good starting point to correct these would be to try rotating the dial on the side of the base. The dial toggles from “A” to “G” and on most phone systems works best on either “A” or “G.” The letters are super-tiny, no normal human being can see them. So tell your Customer to scroll all the way up to the top of the dial for A and all the way down to the bottom of the dial for G. If the problem persists see the reset instructions below.
Basic and Advanced Resets:
If the 9120 isn’t working at all (i.e. dead air, static, etc.) it is usually good to start with a basic reset:
(1) Take the headset out of the charging base.
(2) Unplug the power adapter cord from the bottom of the base.
(3) Place headset on the charging base and let it stand for 30 seconds.
(4) Plug in the power adapter cord.
If the above reset does not correct the headset you can further the reset procedure between steps (2) and (3) by removing the battery from the headset. 9120 models dating from late 2005 to the Present have a screw holding the battery in place inside the headset. The screwdriver was not included with the 9120 during that time period. Newer 9120 models are sent with the screwdriver included.
Registering a new master headset:
1. Unplug the power adapter for a couple of seconds.
2. Place the new master headset into the base unit.
3. Plug the power adapter back to the power socket.
4. All lights flash for app. 4 seconds. After this only the battery indicator will be lit.
5. The new headset is now ready for use.