Here you will be able to learn how to set up your Grandstream Electronic Hookswitch settings within the phone itself. Without this step, the EHS cable won't do much for you.
Settings for most Grandstream phones
- On the Grandstream phone: Find the IP address by going to the phone’s Menu → Status → Network status
- Enter the IP address in the internet browser and go to the phone web GUI → Settings → Audio Control and make sure to enable EHS headset (Plantronics)
- Set headset to DHSG mode (see dip switch settings)
EHS settings for the GXP2160
This phone can be a little different, so try these steps if the ones above don't work.
- Go to Account -> Call Settings and set the account ringtone to “System Ringtone”
- Go to Settings -> Preferences -> Audio Control and set the following options:
- Headset Key Mode = Toggle Headset/Speaker
- Headset Type = Sennheiser EHS headset
- EHS Headset Ring Tone = Sennheiser EHS ringtone
- (May also work with Plantronics, however we don't carry that EHS cord, so we don't know)
- Save and apply then enable headset mode on the phone
- then you hit the headset switch on the phone. But when in headset mode it does not also ring the actual phone just the headset, you have to toggle that button again to get it to ring just the desk phone