How to change the settings in a Grandstream phone to work with EHS
1. On the Grandstream phone: Find the IP address by going to the phone’s Menu → Status → Network status
2. Enter the IP address in the internet browser and go to the phone web GUI → Settings → Audio Control and make sure to enable EHS headset (Plantronics)
3. Set headset to DHSG mode (see dip switch settings)
If you have the GXP2160: Sent over from another Customer with this phone
- Go to Account -> Call Settings and set the account ringtone to “System Ringtone”.
- Go to Settings -> Preferences -> Audio Control and set the following options:
- Headset Key Mode = Toggle Headset/Speaker
- Headset Type = Sennheiser EHS headset.
- EHS Headset Ring Tone = Sennheiser EHS ringtone.
- (May also work with Plantronics, however we don't carry that EHS cord, so we don't know)
- Save and apply then enable headset mode on the phone.
- then you hit the headset switch on the phone. But when in headset mode it does not also ring the actual phone just the headset, you have to toggle that button again to get it to ring just the desk phone.