The Sennheiser MB 660 is an excellent active noise-canceling headset. Block out the world and its noises. It is also optimized for Microsoft Lync to better integrate with your softphone. But don't worry, the MB 660 will work with other softphones as well, like Zoom, RingCentral, 8x8, etc.
Using your Sennheiser MB 660
Turning it ON/OFF
- Turn the earphones inward (so the headset is no longer flat) to turn it ON. It will say “Power On” in your ear.
- Turn the earphones outward (so the headset is flat and can go back in its case) to turn it OFF. It will say “Power Off.”
Pairing to a Bluetooth Device
- Pairing this headset is usually automatic. The headset will say “Pairing” and you will see the run lights on the headset going when it's in pairing mode
- If the headset doesn’t automatically say “Pairing” and show you the lights on the side, you’ll need to manually pair it
- To do this, press the Sound Effect Mode Control button (bottom button on the right side) and hold it for 4 seconds to manually put it into pairing mode
- Then switch your Bluetooth device into Pairing mode and it will pair OR plug the USB dongle into your computer and it will flash red and blue to show you it's pairing. (USB Dongle not flashing red/blue? Try manually pressing the little button on the end of the dongle for about 3 seconds until it starts flashing red/blue)
- The USB Dongle will glow purple when paired
- On the outside of the RIGHT earphone, use your finger to scroll UP to raise the volume or DOWN to lower it
Muting the MB 660
- Draw a circle on the earphone with your finger in a counter-clockwise motion (up and back).
Un-muting the MB660
- Draw a circle on the earphone with your finger in a clockwise motion (up and forward).
CALL CONTROL: Such as accepting/rejecting calls or using Voice Dial
- On the outside of the RIGHT earphone...
- Accept or End a call: Tap the center of the earphone once.
- Reject a call: Press and hold the center of the earphone for 1 second.
- Place a call on Hold: Press and hold the center of the earphone for 2 seconds.
- Redial: Press down and swipe right on the earphone.
Voice Dial: Press down and swipe left on the earphone.
- Note: listening to music counts as being "on a call"
MUSIC CONTROL: On the RIGHT earphone
- Play/Pause: Tap the center of the earphone once
- Skip to Next: Swipe right (don’t press down)
- Back to Previous: Swipe left (don’t press down)
- TalkThrough: Press and hold the center of the earpiece for 2 seconds
BATTERY LIFE AND CHARGING: When you first turn the headset on, check the run lights on the RIGHT side.
- 5 lights = 80-100% battery life
- 4 lights = 60-80% battery life
- 3 lights = 40-60% battery life
- 2 lights = 20-40% battery life
- 1 light = 2-20% battery life
- 1 red light = less than 2% battery life.
The MB 660 charges via the provided USB cable, which plugs into a computer and also charges just fine in with USB wall adaptor.
- To activate the Active Noise Cancellation on this headset, click the button ABOVE the mode button (music note button). It will turn on the active noise cancellation, which to some folks can sound like a small whoosh
AIRPLANE and CORDED MODES:
- The MB 660 comes with a few extra bits and pieces
- It has a cord with a 3.5mm jack so you can plug it directly into your smartphone to use without Bluetooth
- Also, it comes with a 2-prong adaptor for analog airplane headset jacks
- You can even use the micro-USB-to-USB cord to turn this into a USB headset
Thing it's time for a new headset?
Many Sennheiser Bluetooth Customers have upgraded to the Leitner LH375.