Absolutely! There are 3 different ways to set up an SP-02H on a Partner phone. Check the installation instructions below for details.
Configuration (pictured at center right):
1) Modular jack for line from wall
2) Modular jack for line from telephone
3) “Flash” button
4) “Mute” button
5) “On/Off” button
6) Volume control dial
7) Modular jack for line to headset
The SP-02H is essentially a headset phone (adapter) with no dial pad or ringer. Made for AT&T, Lucent and Avaya Partner phones, it allows the user to answer a call without lifting the handset. No batteries or adapters are required as the amp pulls its power directly from the phone line.
On the back of the SP-02H there are two phone jacks: one labeled WALL
and one labeled PHONE. There are 3 different ways to plug the SP-02H into the phone by using these jacks:
1) Most common way (see Figure 1.):
A. Unplug the phone line from the back of the Partner phone.
B. Plug this phone line into the back of the SP-02H where it says WALL. This line should now run from the actual
phone jack in the wall to the jack on the back of the SP-02H labeled WALL.
C. Take the included SP-02H connector cord and plug it into the back of
the SP-02H where it says PHONE.
D. Run this connector cord into the line jack on the back of the Partner. It will be the same jack we unplugged the
phone line from in step A.
2) Easiest way (if the phone has an AUX jack):
A. Run the SP-02H connector cord from the jack labeled WALL on the
SP-02H into the jack labeled AUX on the back of the Partner.
3) If step 1 & 2 don’t work:
A. Take a phone jack splitter and plug it into the phone jack in the wall.
B. Plug the line from the Partner phone into one side of the jack splitter.
C. Run the SP-02H connector cord from the jack on the SP-02H labeled
WALL into the other jack on the splitter.
If the Partner phone system is set up for call waiting and a second call comes in, you’ll hear a call alert beep. Press the Flash button to place the first call on hold and access the second call. Press the Flash button again to return to the first call.
1) A Polaris cord connects H and P series headsets to the SP-02H.
2) When troubleshooting an SP-02H, confirm the set-up and test the volume controls. If problems persist, try a
different set up.
3) There is no compatibility switch on the SP-02H.
4) The SP-02H only has listening volume controls.