NOTE: CT12 or CT14 can be used by itself on a single analog line, as a stand alone or cordless telephone.
1. Convertible Headset
2. Remote (small unit with LCD display)
3. Base (tower that sits on desk)
4. Electrical Cord (black AC power cord)
5. Connector Cord (long gray cord)
How to Setup Your CT12 / CT14:
1. Plug the connector cord into the back of the CT12 / CT14 base where it says “TEL LINE”.
With Partner Phone-
plug the other end of the connector cord into it the AUX port. This is located on the underside or back of the phone (often hidden beneath a plastic platform).
As a stand alone phone- Plug the connector cord from CT12/CT14 base to the wall.
With a cordless phone-
1. Plug a jack splitter into the wall.
2. Then plug the line from the cordless phone into one side of the splitter.
3. Then plug the connector cord from the CT12/CT14 base into the other port in the jack splitter
4. Plug the power cord into the CT12/CT14 base and electrical outlet
5. Plug the headset into the top of the CT12 / CT14 dialpad.
6. Place the dial pad into the base to base and allow it charge for 8 hours before using . (Plantronics recommends 15 hours to achieve a full charge)
How to use CT12/CT14
How to Answer a Call:
When the phone rings, press the TALK/FLASH button on the remote. The call should now be answered with the headset.
How to Place a Call on Hold: Press the TALK/FLASH button on your remote. You should hear an intercom dial tone. Now press END. Your call is now on hold.
Retrieving a Call from Hold:
In order to retrieve a call from hold you generally must go back to your Partner Phone and press the line that is on hold.
How to Transfer a Call with an Announcement: Press the TALK/FLASH button once. You will hear an intercom dial tone, which means the call is parked. Now, dial the extension to which you want to transfer the call. The phone will ring. When someone answers, announce the call: if he/she accepts the call, press END and the call will be transferred. If no one is available at that extension, press TALK/FLASH and you will be returned to the call.
How to make an Intercom Call: Press the TALK/FLASH button to get an open line (you cannot place an intercom call while on the line with a caller). You should hear a dial tone. Now press the (*) key and 71. This activates the intercom feature. Now, simply dial the extension of the person you wish to intercom and your voice will be heard through the intercom. Press END when done.
PLEASE NOTE: Intercom feature may not work with the Partner ACS system. Check your phone’s feature guide for other possible ways to use the intercom feature.
How to make a Conference Call: After you are connected with the first party, press the TALK/FLASH button. This will give you an intercom dial tone, which means the first party is now parked. Press 9 to get an outside line, then dial the new phone number (Note: If you are conferencing someone from an inside line press TALK/FLASH and dial their extension). When the second party answers, press the TALK/FLASH button once. You should now be connected with both parties. In the event that the number is busy, or if there is no answer, press END and you will return to the first party. When you are ready to end the conference call, press TALK/FLASH to hand up on both callers; if you want to continue speaking with the first caller, press END and the last caller will be dropped.