In case you are wondering where this dial tone is coming from, the culprit is Skype for Business. Luckily, there is an easy way to fix it!
How to get ride of the random dial tone while on PC Mode
- Right click on the speaker located in the bottom right hand corner of the computer
- Hit SOUNDS
- Go under the SOUNDS tab
- Under PROGRAM EVENTS search for “Skype for Business” or “Microsoft Lync”
- Then select DIALTONE and under the “Sounds” section set it to NONE
- Go back to DIALTONE and select HOWLER SOUND this time
- Under the “sounds” section set it to NONE
If you see “Open Sounds Settings” instead of “Sounds”, click on "Open Sound Settings" then in the page that loads, scroll all the way to the right and click the blue link that reads "Sound Control Panel". Once in there, go back up to bullet point 3 in the instructions above.