The Plantronics Voyager 5200 comes with a few distinguishing features to go over. Once we do, we will get into how to use it effectively.
- A snazzier new case
- An active mute feature that warns you when mute is on
- A special red button that activates, Siri, Cortana, and Google for you*
*Android mobile devices may require additional configuration for virtual personal assistant features. Please reference your carrier and device manufacturer's instructions to successfully utilize voice.
Seriously, though, it’s pretty much a newer version of the Plantronics Voyager Legend. Want to know what makes that headset cool? Check out this article for the same information! The directions are all exactly the same:
You can follow along with this sweet 5 minute YouTube video:
Using the Plantronics Voyager 5200 UC Bluetooth headset
Now that you have the Voyager paired to your phone or other Bluetooth device, it is time to learn how it works!
ON/OFF: Use the slide switch on the back of the headset to power the headset on. This is just above the charging contacts
VOLUME: To adjust volume, use the Volume Up/Down switch. This is the top button on the back of the headset labeled + and -
MUTE: To mute a call, hit the Voice Recognition Button during a call (that’s the button in Photo 2). Tap it again to unmute yourself
ANSWER/END CALLS: To answer calls, hit the Answer Call button on the headset. This is the black shiny button on the outside of the headset. To end a call, tap the same button
HOW: You can charge this on the charging stand, in the case, and on the USB charging cable
WHERE: The magnet for charging is on the back of the headset under the On/Off button. Simply match that up to the magnets in the charger you’re using and you’re good to go
WHAT?!: The charging case can even hold onto a charge for you so that you can charge this bad boy when no electricity is about! Just plug the charging case into the USB charger to charge it completely. On a complete charge, the case can charge your headset 2x before needing to be recharged
To put the headset into pairing mode:
- Power the headset on and Press and Hold the Call Control button for about 3 seconds until you hear “Pairing.” This is the silver button at the end of the microphone (where the mic starts, not the tip end)
- OR you can also tap the Voice Recognition Button and say “Pair” into the headset. (Where is the Voice Recognition button? It’s the new red button mentioned before for Siri, OK Google, etc.)
- The light on the back of the headset will flash red/blue while it’s in pairing mode
- Now activate Bluetooth on your mobile device and set it to search mode. OR plug in your USB dongle (if it’s already plugged in, unplug it, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in)
- Select PLT Legend from the Bluetooth devices list and, if prompted, enter 0000 for the password
- Once successfully paired, the light on the headset will stop flashing red/blue and you will hear the headset say “Pairing Successful!”
To activate Voice Recognition, tap the Voice Recognition Button, then wait until the headset says “Say A Command.”
Your headset is now ready to hear your voice commands!
For more information about Voice Recognition with the Voyager Legend, check out this article!
PAIRING: The USB Adaptor is pre-paired to your headset. Just insert it into a computer and turn the headset on. You should be good to go :)
GETTING SET UP IN COMPUTER: It should also load to your computer automatically, if not, set it up as the default device in both Playback and Recording just like an OfficeRunner
SOFT PHONES: If you have a softphone that needs call control, that may be possible by downloading the Plantronics Hub software
Time For A New Headset?
Many Plantronics Customers have upgraded to the Leitner LH370.