[DW PRO1 DISCONTINUED]
[DW PRO2 DISCONTINUED]
There is now.
For folks setting up CEHS AV-03 (Cataloge # 2083) and CEHS-AV 04 (Catalog # 2164) please refer to Photo 1.
For folks setting up CEHS-AV 05 (Catalog # 2162) please refer to Photo 2.
Good news! Avaya EHS cables are easy to plug in!
You plug in the green end of the plug to the green port on the charging base and the pink end into the pink.
For the AV-03, you plug the other side into the headset jack of the telephone, then you plug the tiny microphone into the box on the cable, peel the paper off the back, and stick it over the speaker of the telephone. ( view the full photo of the set-up here: https://sennheiser.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/206265387/CEHS-AV_03_-_DW_series.PNG ), then follow the phone instructions below if needed.
For the AV-04, you plug the other side into the headset jack of the telephone and follow the instructions for phone settings below if needed.
For the AV-05, you plug one side of the other end into the headset jack of the telephone, and the other side into the jack that says EU 24. It might also say AUX or EXT. Basically it’s your 3rd telephone cord type jack. Then proceed to the phone setting instructions below if needed.
For all 3 of these EHS cables you do NOT unplug the curly cord from the telephone.
For all 3 of these EHS cables you DO need to put the #1 dipswitch down in the back of the base.
Avaya Phone Setting Instructions:
Avaya 9600 Series phones have an option under Call Settings called Audible Headset Alerting (this option may also be listed as Headset Signaling) it allows alerting tones through a headset in addition to the speaker on the desk phone.
Depending on your firmware, different steps are needed…
To set call alerting with newer firmware follow these steps:
1. Click the “Settings” icon
2. Click Option 1 “Options & Settings”
3. Click Option 1 “Call Settings”
4. Scroll down to the bottom on the list and click “Headset Signaling”
5. Select Option 2 “Switchook & Alerting
To set call alerting with older firmware follow these steps:
1. Press “Home”
2. Touch “Call Settings”
3. Touch “Options & Settings”
4. Access the “Screen & Sound Options”
5. On the “Screen & Sound Options” menu, touch “Call Pickup Indication” *note* some phones may list this under “Miscellaneous” instead of “Screen & Sound Options”
6. Repeatedly touch “Call Pickup Indication” to scroll through the settings and touch “Audible Alerting” (or “Headset Signaling”)
7. Touch Save to save this settings
** If these settings do not work or are inaccessible from your phone, Avaya 9600 ringtones may need to be changed to ringtone #4. Your best ring tone options are 2 or 4! **