Rechargeable headset batteries will last you about 2-3 years, but then will lose their luster. The good news is that the batteries are replaceable, and even covered under the 5 year warranty.
If you are using a Leitner Premium Lite (LH200/300) series headset, check out this battery replacement article.
If it's time for a new battery, here is how to get it out of the headset.
- Pick the headset out of the charging base and hold it "upside down" so that the headband is pointing downwards
- At the bottom of the headset, between the edge of the earpad and volume button, you will see some seams
- Get a fingernail (or other thin object) in the seam on the side, (highlighted with the yellow line and arrow in the image below) and pull the door out
- You may also be able to use the seam closest to the buttons and pull it out (highlighted in red in the same image)
- Once the battery door pops out, the battery should come out very easily
- When putting one back in, we want to make sure the Leitner logo and arrow are facing the buttons, with the arrow pointing into the headset
- Close the battery door
Put the headset on the charger so it can pair back up, then you should be good! If not, check out our Premium Plus Pairing article!