The Polycom hookswitch (Cat #2341) comes with 2 separate cables, one cord with a small box and a second cord with no box.
Here is how you set it up:
Note: Make sure no other headsets are connected to the phone when installing EHS cable
1) Start in the phone settings of the Polycom Phone. You want to do this first BEFORE setting up the EHS cable. The phone may reboot after this set-up instructions! This will disconnect the call!
To set up the phone, go to the Menu or Home Button: (Note: these menu orders are subject to change)
- Choose Option 3 (Settings)
- Choose Option 1 (Basic)
- Choose Option 1 (Preferences)
- Choose Option 3 (Headset) In some models this will be option 4. verify using the title “headset”
- Check Headset Memory Mode-- Should Be Disabled
- Go back a step in menu and select Option 2 Hookswitch Mode (Older phones may say Analog Mode) and set it to Jabra EHS. (This is when the phone reboots.)
2) Next, head to your base unplug the power cable from the back of the base and set the RHL/DHSG button on the bottom of the Leitner charging base to RHL.
3) Now, start with the cable with the box. Connect the RJ45 end to the AUX JACK on the back of the Leitner Wireless charging base (this is the largest jack in the center of the base). Connect the 5-pin jack end of this cable to the 5-Pin AUX JACK in the back of the Polycom telephone.
4) Next get the cable without the box. Connect one side side of this cable to the TELEPHONE CONNECTOR jack in the back of the Leitner charging base (this is the jack second to the left). Connect the other side of this cable to the HEADSET JACK of the Polycom telephone.
5) Then, plug the power cable back in at the back of the base.
COMPATILITY FOR THIS = 1 (COMPATIBILITY SWITCH CAN BE FOUND UNDERNEATH THE BASE ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE)
That’s it, you’re done!
With this set-up, the telephone receiver stays plugged into the HANDSET jack of the Polycom telephone. There will be nothing plugged into the HANDSET jack of the Leitner charging base.
**SEE PHOTO for Visual Reference of how to set up an Polycom Hook Switch!
The EHS for Polycom works with the following models:
POLYCOM Soundpoint IP 320
POLYCOM Soundpoint IP 321
POLYCOM Soundpoint IP 330
POLYCOM Soundpoint IP 331
POLYCOM Soundpoint IP 335
POLYCOM Soundpoint IP 430
POLYCOM Soundpoint IP 450
POLYCOM Soundpoint IP 550
POLYCOM Soundpoint IP 560
POLYCOM Soundpoint IP 650
POLYCOM Soundpoint IP 670
POLYCOM VVX 250
POLYCOM VVX 300
POLYCOM VVX 310
POLYCOM VVX 400
POLYCOM VVX 410
POLYCOM VVX 500
POLYCOM VVX 600
POLYCOM VVX 1500