We all know how the volumes work in phone mode, but what about computer mode? It does get confusing, but here are our finding so far.
PC/Mac Speaker audio: USB
- We can turn the volume down on the headset (please not it won't go all the way down,but that's OK. No one wants that!)
- We can turn the volume all the way up/down using the volume bar on YouTube
- We can adjust the volume using the Windows volume mixer within VPN, but changing the volume outside the VPN does nothing.
Note: If you can't get volume no matter what, try rebooting the computer, as sometimes the sound card is glitchy.
PC/Mac Mic audio: USB
- Adjust the microphone volume underneath the headset base
Mac Speaker: Bluetooth
- You can adjust the speaker volume using the windows settings (speaker in the bottom right corner)
- You can adjust the speaker volume using the headset volume buttons, as well.
- You can adjust the volume on the volume bar in YouTube AND on the headset. Either works!
Mac Mic : Bluetooth
- In Zoom, you can change the mic volume with the headset base. You CANNOT change the mic volume in Teams. Weird...
- Untested in other softphones. If you have a solution, send it over!