Why would someone need go go through the subscription process again?
- Subscriptions are necessary for setting up a new mic on an old base,
- they can also help to smooth out any issues or quirks the Customer might be experiencing, from static to connectivity issues.
Base Subscription Light Base Status
Flashing green/red Primary headset subscription mode
Solid green Primary headset subscribed to base
Solid yellow Active conference call with guest headsets
Solid red No headset subscribed
1) With the system idle, docking a new headset will automatically subscribe it to the base,
making it the primary headset.
2) The base subscription LED will blink green/red during subscription mode and remain green when the new subscription is established.
Manual subscription (recommended):
1) Make sure headset is docked on base
2) Double press the subscription button on the base. (This is #12 in the pic to the right)
3) The subscription light will flash red and green.
4) When the subscription light on the base becomes solid green, the headset and base are subscribed to one another.
1) With your system idle and your headset undocked,
2) Double press the subscription button on the base. (This is #12 in the pic at the top)
3) The subscription light will flash green and red.
4) Press the volume up button on the headset for three seconds until the headset LED turns solid green or solid white.
5) When the subscription light on the base remains solid green, the headset and base are
subscribed to one another.
NOTE If the base subscription LED goes solid red, after flashing red/green, the subscription attempt has failed and should be repeated.
If the base is in subscription mode and you want to stop the base from searching for a headset,
press the subscription button again. The subscription light will be solid red for four seconds and
then go to its previous state.
Disabling Over-the-Air Subscription
The Savi system ships with the over-the-air subscription enabled. In a multi-shift environment,
you may want to disable this mode of subscription. You can enable/disable over-the-air
subscription with the base subscription button or with the Plantronics Control Panel.
While your system is idle, hold the subscription button and the PC phone button down
simultaneously until the PC phone button LED flashes. It will flash red for 4 seconds when over the
air subscription has been disabled or green for 4 seconds when enabled.
You can also disable over the air subscription using the Plantronics Control Panel by going to
Start > Programs > Plantronics > Plantronics Control Panel > Device Settings > Base