So, the ole “my headset has no sound or weird sound in the soft phone or computer program, eh?” A likely story!
Here are instructions for some of our more popular soft phones and computer programs:
Skype (free version, home user)
1.Go to the Tools menu at the top of the screen.
2. Select Audio Setting.
3. Go to Microphone and Speakers.
4. Select the headset you’d like to use.
5. Your headset should now be set up for use in Skype :)
Dragon Naturally Speaking
1. Go to Audio on the top right of the screen.
2. Select Check Microphone.
3. Select the headset you want to use.
4. You headset should now be set up as your microphone for Dragon.
Skype for Business aka Microsoft Lync
1. Go to Tools at the top of the screen.
2. Select Options.
3. Go to Audio Device.
4. Select the headset from the drop down menu at the top of the Audio Device screen/
5. Your headset should now be set up as your Skype for Business microphone.
6. You can also have a look at speakers in this area of Skype for Business, too, but usually those follow your computer settings.
1. Use the Video drop-down menu
2. Under Microphone, choose the headset
1. Click on the Gear icon to go to the settings.
2. Go to Sound.
3. Go to Audio Devices
4. Make sure your headset is set up as the default device for both microphone and speakers.
5. You may need to log out of Five9 and restart it for these changes to apply!
1. Go to Options at the top of the screen.
2. Click on Audio.
3. Go to Speakers.
4. Go to Headset Earphones.
5. Select the headset you’d like to use.