The battery door stays attached to the microphone with two thin black wires. It’s kind of like the shirt / sock stays sharp dressed gentlemen use
Why? I like to think it’s a two-fold explanation:
1. You’ll never lose your battery door when you’re replacing or resetting the battery! Yay!
2. More importantly, those two wires make it so you can hear through our favorite headset! If they are broken, you won’t be able to hear anything out of the OfficeRunner speaker.
What does this mean?
1. If it happens, the microphone needs to be replaced.
2. It’s a good idea to be careful when opening the battery door.
3. If the you replace the battery & suddenly cannot hear anything out of their OfficeRunner, those cords may have been broken or stretched.