The echo on your phone could be coming from a few sources, and we have some methods to figure it out and get it fixed!
Check basic set up (comapt, connections etc)
Here are some common headset setup articles you can cross-reference
- Leitner Wireless Setup with Polycom Phones
- Sennheiser Wireless Setup with Polycom Phones
- Plantronics (Poly) Wireless Setup with Polycom Phones
Adjust microphone volume (anything too high causes an echo)
Sometimes if you have the volumes for the phone as well as the headset too high, you will get the echo. So we suggest turning down the phone volume to 50% or lower, then turning up the volume on the headset to compensate.
Headset echo cancellation in phone
- Hit the HOME or MENU button
- Selet SETTINGS (usually option 6 or 7)
- Select BASIC (option 1)
- Select PREFERENCES (option 1)
- Select HEADSET (option 3)
- Under Headset, select Echo Cancellation
- Select “enable”
And there you go! You should no longer be hearing any more troublesome echoes!
Time for a new headset?
Many Polycom phone users have made the switch to the Leitner LH370!