Benefits of Headsets
What will a headset do for you? Did you know that using a headset on a daily basis will reduce unnecessary back pain and fatigue caused by cradling the phone on your shoulder? Using a headset as part of your daily work routine will help improve your posture, and make you feel more active and refreshed at the end of the work day.
Not only does a headset help you physically, it also increases your work productivity. Studies have shown that using a headset instead of holding the phone frees up a hand and can improve productivity by up to 43%.
Freedom and productivity:
- Headsets free up both your hands to use a computer, handle documents, make notes, etc., which makes you more productive.
- Wireless headsets give you the additional freedom to leave your desk and move around during phone calls, currently up to 300ft from your phone.
- With a handset lifter you can answer and end calls while away from your desk, enabling you to be completely free while you walk, talk and work. This means less voicemail and less playing phone tag which all helps raise your personal productivity.
How you sound and what you hear:
- Wearing a headset enables the microphone to stay in the same position as you move your head and speak, so your voice stays consistent.
- If you use a headset with noise-canceling technology the microphone filters out up to 75% of background sounds (effectiveness varies between different models) so that your callers hear only you, even in noisy environments.
- If you use a binaural headset that covers both ears you reduce any distracting background noise thereby aiding concentration on your telephone calls.
Ergonomics and back or neck pain:
- Holding a phone handset up to one ear leads to poor posture, which over time causes many people to suffer from neck and back discomfort. This can even lead to repetitive strain injury. That’s why the American Physical Therapy Association, many doctors, chiropractors and physiotherapists recommend using headsets.
- Use a computer? Spend time on the phone? Feel neck or back discomfort? If "Yes" you’ll benefit from using a headset. And if (for any reason) after ordering your headset from us you find that a headset is not for you, please return it within 60 days for a prompt and courteous refund.